About Dick Durrance
Before climbing platform steps to inspire audiences nationwide, Dick Durrance’s ability to dream like a champion led to his first National Geographic assignment while still a college student at Dartmouth.
After serving as a U.S. Army combat photographer in Vietnam, he returned to National Geographic as a staff photographer.
Seven years later he set out as an entrepreneur, founding a company to create photographs for global advertising campaigns and the world’s great golf courses. He is the only photographer ever named by his peers as their Magazine Photographer of the Year and their Advertising Photographer of the Year.
“What you take away from Dick’s presentation is this thought: individual excellence not only opens pathways to the possibilities in our own lives, it is the key to well being for the entire community.” A.O. Forbes, Instructor, Colorado Rocky Mountain School
- Military Pictures of the Year: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd
National Press Photographer’s Association
- Magazine Photographer of the Year
White House News Photographers Association
- Advertising Photographer of the Year,
American Society of Media Photographers
- Golf Photograph of the Year,
International Network of Golf
- Presidential Medal for Outstanding Leadership and Achievement
- Finalist, Rising Star of the Year Competition, National Speakers Association